Friday 5 June 2009

Quaquaverse poems to neither disturb nor entertain, by J. Font



this short pet.

how do you do? I am trying to answer to the words
I am not thin in my face
When I stand next to the window there is a thought:
There is a pillow; it is drying

I tried to joke just now about my pillow
Sometimes I write as if I were an American fellow, I think
Don’t pay any attention to it. This is our cool Moscow.

My son:
A reflex. He showed me his temporary tooth.
It hung on the threshold of his on the thread of his skin near his lower lip in front of other teeth.

He said:
My pillow teased me so I bit it.

The dentist told me to repeat this story about a disobedient pillow.
A woman of about 40 of such skill that we were on our way out when-
something wrong in his mouth
‘Where is the good brother, but a broken one, of others?’
‘Where is this short pet of mine? It was hanging here.’
Who would not weep?

In the north part of the Caucasus where her mother lived we (glad) went for our holidays during the summer and the (sometimes) velvet autumn.



germany

twilight missed the rave by a day
and walked the Rheine and sat and soaked
in uncertain light looking for a greeting
ignored waiting in a cafe, days pacing,
and wrought headboard to left and right





The Dog and the Monkey

The dog and the monkey went out on the river
In the shivering light of the moon
The dog plucked and strummed at the strings of a banjo
And the monkey hummed softly a tune

They floated all night till the cold light of morning
Awoke them from out of their trance
Then the dog plucked again at the strings of the banjo
And the monkey started to dance.