Tuesday 30 June 2009

poems on the theme of memory, pt 2, by Fugaz Egg

The Rat Romance
-a melodrama-


hey man of steel, early adopter,
never without your airbrush gadget
your ears, electronically de-haired, yet such adept filters;
your girlfriend has learnt your official adolescence
like a history, or even a grammar.

Odd: to speak for
something so banal as truth
or at least against these lies.

I realise I am at stake: you are stronger and I disappear.
It would take a real effort to compete, for which I would need hostility, which would of course not endear.
I am checkmated, and burn neatly along with your plans.

It disturbs me that this surprises no-one.

You have just one in your inner audience –
that is true romance, to narrate and be believed?
She holds the clap-boards, and you carry a pic of her cunt.

There are those who could contradict... they must be kept friendly or dismissed.
I come to the conclusion, as onesuch, that I must have been discredited.
This theory marshals its facts instantly!
Every time I have contributed it is part of your plan.
It has been impossible for me to surprise, all I do is confirm myself (my new self, my self) – jealous, delusional.

mine leans to your side.
should I try to gain her ear?
This is an obsession.
D-cup storm–

she is for objective truth, what a time for an anachronism...

I am already without friends:
your revenge (were bullied) now enrolls me, I can't help but bring melodrama to my part...
[gasps]
One more thing – soon I will be subsumed, then as good as dead.
This writing is coded, but that for once has its justification.

You – reader – you must uncover its meaning
Passing my headstone, please
scrawl anything over the words there.